Release Notes Lotta 2023.2.1
October 3, 2023
The release notes include:
What's new and improved in Lotta 2023.2.1
What's fixed in Lotta 2023.2.1
- Instructions on upgrading and downloading new Lotta versions
What's New and Improved in Lotta 2023.2.1
This release includes the following new and improved features:
- Apple Silicon Native Support
This release includes full compatibility with Apple’s M1 and M2 processors, enabling faster simulations. For further information, see the System Requirements.
- HDRI lights
HDRI Light improvements include improved 3D orientation, standardizing the 3D display with other 3D tools, and tools for better control over the lighting of a scene. As of this version, all light settings will be saved in the BW file. This means that loading a BW file will load the lighting setup stored in the file and will override existing lighting found in the 3D scene.
To support these features, this version includes:
- Load Default HDRI button that allows loading the default HDRI settings defined during installation.
- Set as Default HDRI button allows saving the current HDRI settings. The default lighting is: Studio Dim Backlight with zero Exposure and zero image rotation, Link HDRI to Camera toggled on, and Cast Shadow toggled on.
For more information, refer to Adjusting the 3D Window Environment.
- Parametric Lights
Included the ability to define custom Parametric Lights, to improve the overall look of the render output. You can add area, spot, directional, or point lights. Using Parametric Lights reduces dependency on HDRI, which requires more computing power for Unreal.
For more information, refer to Parametric Lights.
- Full Support of Adobe Substance
Full support of all Adobe Substance format capabilities, including:
- Support of Substance for fabrics, seams, artwork and trims
- Full compatibility with the 13K materials in the Substance 3D Asset Store
- Support of the Substance materials exported from the Substance 3D Sampler
- Support of SBSAR files with non-square output sizes
- Support of the Substance 3D Sampler embroidery filter in VStitcher
- View Selected Grading Sizes
Includes the ability to hide or show selected grading sizes in the sizes pane while grading. For more information, refer to Viewing the Sizes and Grading Pane.
- Control Artwork Position per Size
Enable manual positioning of artworks for each size while maintaining the artwork size group.
For more information, refer to Defining a Grouping of Sizes.
- New Parametric Avatars
Added new parametric avatars for children: a boy toddler (2–4 years old), and a 5–10-year-old boy and girl.
For a list of all the parametric avatars, see the Parametric Avatars Overview.
- New Kids Garments
Added new garments to the Kids section in the cloud, including dresses, skirts, and shorts. To use the new garments, make sure you first download the Charlie avatar.
For details on how to access the new garments, refer to Import from Cloud.
Stitch Construction Improvement
Improvements to the stitch construction include new sliders for better control over the depth of the normal and displacement maps, and width of the stitches. This release also includes improvements to the puckering and wash effects. For more information, refer to Creating a 3D Stitch Effect.
Vertical Resources Tabs
Some user interface changes have been applied to the resources tabs and are now displayed vertically. For more information, refer to Resources Tabs Details.
Insert Tool Improvements
Added the ability to insert ellipses and circles from the center point, and the ability to snap circles or ellipses together from the center point. For more information, refer to Inserting a Shape.
What's Fixed in Lotta 2023.2.1
This release includes fixes for the following issues:
- VStitcher crashes when switching the light type.
- The API BwApi.ShapeMaterialIds() does not return line fill material.
- The sheen/clear coat value in artwork was applied to entire pattern pieces and not only to the artwork.
- Rendering with Ray Trace Render (V-Ray) resulted in different levels of exposure in the garment, instead of a uniform effect.
- Zipper puller missing when garment dropped to the floor in Fold & Hang workspace.
- VStitcher crashes when using Unreal.
- Full Alvanon avatar name not visible in Configure Quality Standards.
- Unable to render tension map in the 3D Review workspace.
- Camera view not saved after closing the software.
- Software sometimes crashing when changing between workspaces.
- Unexpected behaviors of 3D trim direction when assigning trims.
- Software sometimes crashing when Vray preview is open.
- Fabric results not always matching in the 2D and 3D windows.
- Unexpected shadows and holes in simulation and rendering results.
- Some Chinese characters appearing distorted when importing DXF files with Chinese characters.
- Keyboard shortcuts can't be imported into the software.
This release includes the following known issues::
- On Mac M1 and M2 machines, when working with vector artwork in OpenGL, artifacts are visible on the garment when zooming in and out. We recommend using the default Unreal display settings to solve this problem.
- Area and spot Parametric Lights do not work properly with transparent objects.
Download and Upgrade Versions Instructions
Download and install Lotta from here.
- Cloud License Users - send your upgrade request to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no need to send any files.
If you need to renew your contract and are interested in version 2023.2.1 contact email@example.com.
Lotta 2023.2.1 and VStitcher 2023.2.1 both support files created in earlier VStitcher and Lotta versions.
Earlier VStitcher and Lotta versions do not support version 2023.2.1 files.
With the release of Lotta 2023.2 and VStitcher 2023.2 the company's support now extends to the following versions of Lotta and VStitcher: