This video was recorded using Version 2021.1.
Plisse effects can be created using 2 methods.
- Plisse effects using iron lines. This is more suitable for larger and more regular plisse creases.
- Add internal lines for the creases.
- Apply iron line property on the internal lines. Experiment with values between 0-180 degrees to achieve the results you want.
- Lower the Grid size to better simulate the creases as lower Grid = more details
- Adjust drape using styling tools
- Plisse effects using depth maps like normal and displacement maps. This is more suitable for smaller or more irregular plisse creases.
- Create a normal & displacement map in external photo-editing software like Photoshop
- A displacement map should be a striped image with different shades of grey to create different heights for the creases.
- Displacement map effect can only be seen with ray trace rendering
- Use the image editor to adjust the size of the plisse and use the Vray preview window to gauge the size and depth values for the map.