Transferring measurements between avatars
The Import Avatar Measurements and Export Avatar Measurements buttons in the Edit Avatar pane, allow transferring measurements between avatars in CSV format.
You can transfer measurements:
- From a CSV file to a parametric avatar
- From a non-parametric avatar to a parametric avatar with measuring tapes, in CSV format
- From old avatars (Deborah and Adam) to newer avatars (Olivia and Oliver)
- From older parametric avatar versions to newer versions
- Between ethnicities (from Olivia to Gabrielle or Lili)
Importing measurements from an Excel file to a Parametric Avatar
- When importing a CSV file with multiple columns, you will be prompted to select the column to apply to the selected avatar, since each avatar represents a specific size.
- Open the avatar to which you want to apply the measurements.
- Click the Import Avatar Measurements button to import the CSV file. You will be prompted to select the column to apply.
Transferring measurements from a Non-Parametric Avatar to a Parametric Avatar
- Open the avatar from which you want to transfer measurements.
- Create measure tapes to export.
- Select the Avatar 3D Measure Tapes option. Then, select Export all 3D Measure Tapes from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the file and save as a CSV file.
- Create a new avatar or load an existing parametric avatar.
- Import the CSV file you just created using the Import Avatar Measurements button.
Transferring measurements from an Old Parametric Avatar to a New Parametric Avatar
- Open the old parametric avatar from which you want to transfer measurements.
Click the Export Avatar Measurements button and save the measurements as a CSV file.
- Create a new avatar from a template with default measurements.
- Import the CSV file you just created for the old avatar using the Import Avatar Measurements button.
- Edit the avatar as necessary and save the file.