DB Admin Setup
This topic includes information about setting up DB Admin. For details, expand the following:
For an overview of the set-up of DB Admin, watch the Setting Up the FAB video from 1:00 - 1:50
DB Admin is a separate installation from VStitcher and Lotta
Download the newest DB Adminhere
DB Admin runs on Windows only and requires 4 GB of RAM and 256 GB of disk space
Once installed, the DB Admin icon appears on your desktop
After opening DB Admin:
In Language, click the drop-down and select another language if you want to change this.
In Database Connection, select either:
- Local. Data is saved only to the computer DB Admin is running in.
- SQL Server. Data is saved to the SQL server and can then be transmitted to other computers. You must complete the settings to use this option. For more information, refer to Shared Fabric Database Setup.
DB Admin remembers the settings the next time you launch the program. In the DB Admin interface, click Settings to make changes. For more information, refer to DB Admin Interface.
For an overview of the DB Admin interface and basic fabric information, watch the Using the FAB video from 0:30 - 1:50
- Main menu options are found at the top in the blue bar.
- Company name appears in the upper right hand corner.
- Settings can be reopened.
- Databases can be imported or exported.
- Most testing happens in the fabric database.
- Add or remove fabrics using the + and - buttons.
- Use the search bar to find specific fabrics.
- Click on a fabric to view its data in the center of the window. Changes can be made before or after testing if necessary.
- Click on the pencil icons to edit/add to the Category or Manufacturer lists.
- Click on Add Fiber edit/add to the fibers list.
- Remember to Save your data results!
- Tested fabrics display in the fabrics list. This is the same list that displays when browsing fabric physics in VStitcher or Lotta.
- The data in the center of the window is the same that displays in the Physical Properties dialog box for a material in VStitcher or Lotta.
Please sign in to leave a comment.